North Dakota Divorce
Your case may involve some, or all, of these issues:
- Residential responsibility (custody)
- Parenting time (visitation)
- Division of marital debts
- Allocation of real estate interests
- Distribution of personal property and vehicles
- Physical, emotional, or verbal abuse
- Chemical dependency issues
- Child support
- Appraisals of real property, including farmland or commercial buildings
- Division of business assets
- Tracing or other forensic accounting needs
- High net worth estate
- Future income projections and retirement planning
- Spousal support (alimony)
A person can seek a North Dakota divorce so long as he or she has been a resident of this state for at least six months. North Dakota is a “no fault” divorce state. That means you don’t need to prove specific grounds, like adultery, cruelty, neglect, or criminal behavior to legally terminate your marriage. In North Dakota, it only takes one party seeking a divorce to make it happen. Divorce can be especially difficult if you are not the party seeking the separation. We are here to help through the emotional parts of your case too…not just the legal ones.
If we have learned one lesson in our careers, it’s that there is no such thing as a “simple divorce.” When you are experiencing this life-changing event, you need an attorney who will look at the whole picture and ensure your concerns are addressed at every turn. Not every case has to be an expensive, contested battle. But even in an amicable separation, it’s important that your questions get answered and your pleadings are prepared in an effective and efficient manner.
We believe divorce cases are best resolved outside the courtroom. Our philosophy and mission, always, is to attempt every possible settlement avenue to let our clients maintain control of their lives and their case. Our clients are active team members, assisting with their divorce cases at every turn.
However, judges and courtrooms are always there if your case cannot be resolved in a negotiated setting. With over three decades of experience litigating contested divorce matters, our attorneys will be prepared and powerful advocates for you at any hearing or trial.