PLM Family Law
SHANNON E. PARVEY
- Family Law
Shannon E. Parvey grew up in the heart of Minnesota's Iron Range, graduating from Hibbing High School in 2001. She then attended the University of North Dakota, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, with emphases in Clinical Science and Educational Psychology, and a Minor in English. Shannon attended the University of North Dakota School of Law, graduating in 2009. For the next eight years, Shannon worked as an associate attorney for a family law firm, gaining valuable experience in helping families of all kinds in times of need. In 2018, Shannon left that firm to launch Parvey, Larson, and McLean, PLLC, with two partners.
Shannon is licensed in North Dakota and Minnesota. She is a rostered mediator, parenting investigator/custody evaluator, and guardian ad litem. Shannon is also a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst, helping clients determine the short-term and long-term financial consequences of various settlement options. She routinely works with high net worth divorce clients to navigate complex valuation and distribution concerns. However, some of her most rewarding cases involve crafting creative and thorough custody and parenting plans that benefit children, while keeping families outside the throes of litigation. Shannon also has extensive experience in the areas of guardianships and conservatorships.
Shannon and her husband, Eric, live in Mapleton with their two sons, Owen and EJ, and daughter, Mya. The Parveys enjoy watching sports and playing outside any chance they get. Shannon regularly participates in local community events, including road races. In 2017, she completed her first two half-marathons, and hopes to run many more.
Shannon's years in family law have afforded her the opportunity to work with people and families all over North Dakota and Minnesota. She has dealt with cases of all kinds, big and small, contentious and amicable, litigated and negotiated. Shannon takes an honest, straight-forward, and thoughtful approach to every case, dedicating herself to achieving the best possible outcome for your family.
- University of North Dakota School of Law, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- University of North Dakota
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Major: Psychology, with emphases in Clinical Science and Educational Psychology
- Minor: English
- North Dakota
- You Want Me To Pay For What?, The Village Family Magazine, Feb/Mar, 2014
- Super Lawyers - Rising Star
- Super Lawyers - Rising Star
- Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts, Certified Divorce Financial Analyst, 2014 to Present
- State Bar Association of North Dakota, Member, 2009 to Present
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member, 2010 to Present
- North Dakota Collaborative Divorce Group, Treasurer, 2016 to Present
- Ronald N. Davies Inn of Court, Member, 2009 to 2019
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst
- Collaborative Law
- Parenting Investigation