PLM Family Law
Kimberlie Larson was born and raised in North Fargo and graduated from North High School in 1998. She graduated from Minnesota State University—Moorhead with degrees in Social Work and Criminal Justice in 2002. After a short stint working in child protection, she realized her desire to help families in crisis was better suited with a law degree and she moved to Minneapolis to attend the University of St. Thomas School of Law. She graduated in 2006.
Several weeks after her law school graduation, her first child was born. Again realizing the importance of family, Kimberlie returned to Fargo to ensure her children would be raised with the close ties of grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.
Kimberlie’s practice has always been centered around helping families transition to their next chapter, whether through divorce, a modified parenting plan, establishing paternity, or adoption. These transitions don’t always require a court hearing, and Kimberlie is certain to attempt amicable resolutions in most situations prior to heading to the courthouse.
Kimberlie is a licensed attorney in both North Dakota and Minnesota, is a rostered Parenting Investigator, and a trained mediator. She is currently the Chair of the Family Law Section of the State Bar Association of North Dakota.
Kimberlie currently resides in South Fargo with her husband, Jeremy, and their two children, Brynn and Brandon … and their kids’ pet dog, and several fish.
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Minnesota State University, Moorhead, Minnesota
- Major: Social Work
- Major: Criminal Justice
- North Dakota
- Rising Stars
- Family Law Section of the State Bar Association of North Dakota, Chair
- State Bar Association of Minnesota, Member, 2007 to Present
- State Bar Association of North Dakota, Member, 2008 to Present
- Ronald Davies Inns of Court, Member, 2015 to Present
- Cass County Bar Association, Member, 2008 to Present
- Clay County Bar Association, Member, 2008 to Present
Certified Legal Specialties
- Collaborative Law, Collaborative Law Institute of Minnesota, 2016
- Parenting Investigator, North Dakota Supreme Court, 2012